The quick access toolbar has not changed dramatically in Office 2016 from Office 2010, and it remains customizable in Office 2016. In this movie, you will know how to customize the Office 2016 quick access toolbar to add a popular Office 2010 command that has gone missing from the File tab in Office 2016, the exit command. This will allow you to close all open files and exit the app with one click of a button.
- [Voiceover] Just like Office 2010,…Office 2016 makes use of the quick access tool bar…that appears in the top left corner…of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and so on,…and in this movie we're going to look…at customizing the quick access tool bar,…also something you could do in Word 2010,…but we're going to customize it to cover something…that has changed in backstage view.…You can see I have this document open,…Best of Landon Hotel guide.…You can open it up as well if you don't already have it…opened up from the chapter one folder of your exercise files…and then click the File tab to go to backstage view,…and let's say we want to exit Word.…
In other words, close up all the documents…we're working on and exit Word altogether.…Well, in Word 2010 we would just go down to Exit,…which does not appear on our list here in backstage view.…So let's click the Back button to go back.…And let's say we did have a second document underway.…Let's go up to File and go down to New,…and click Blank Document.…Now we have two running at the same time.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.