Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Cubes, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…We have our data source,…which is our connection into where we're going to retrieve the data from.…And then our data views,…which is a subset of that data that we retrieved off of our source.…Let's create a cube.…going to right click.…New cube.…Next, in the splash page, and…we're going to use Existing Tables in the underlying data source.…Now, I'm going to take Fact Internet Sales for my measure groups.…These are my dimension tables.…In that Fact Internet Sales table,…the wizard has discovered all of this information that can be aggregated.…
Now I don't want count, so I'm going to drop that on out.…And I don't want revision number, so I'm going to drop that on out.…Everything else looks okay to me.…And it's going to spot the keys in all of these dimension tables.…I don't want to relate the table into itself.…So I'm going to drop that out, fact internet sales.…Otherwise, this looks fine.…And let's change that name.…Let's call this Internet Sales.…Internet Sales cube, and we'll call Finish.…What opened here is the view of the fact table.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.