Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Cross Industry Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM), part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…CRISP-DM.…CRISP-DM stands for Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining.…It is a data mining process model that describes commonly used approaches that…expert data miners use to tackle problems.…A review and critique of data mining processes models in 2009 called CRISP-DM…the de facto standard for developing data mining and knowledge discovery projects.…CRISP-DM uses phases.…
The initial phase, business understanding, focuses on…understanding the project objectives and requirements from a business perspective.…And then converting this knowledge into a data mining problem definition and…a preliminary plan designed to achieve the objectives.…From business understanding, we move to data understanding.…The data preparation phase covers all activities to…construct the final data set.…That is, the data that will be fed into the modeling tool…from the initial raw data.…
Data preparation tasks are likely to be performed multiple times and…not in any prescribed order.…Tasks include table, record and attribute selection,…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.