Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating unique lists from repeating field data with Advanced Filter, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook, we're looking at a worksheet…called unique lists.…In this list, you may have already seen,…there's a duplicate record in row seven…and row eight, and there might be some others, as well.…There is a feature called remove duplicates,…covered later in this course.…But there could be times when you simply…don't want to change the list,…but you would like to create a new list from it…that does contain unique entries.…You can do that with an advanced filter.…So, in this list, I'm going to double click…the active cell's bottom edge.…
Take us down to the bottom, we've got 762 rows…of data in the list here.…I'll double click the top edge.…Now, we don't know how many duplicates we have,…but let's create a new list off to the right.…Now, I'm going to zoom back, holding…CTRL+Shift and the mouse.…You could also do that if you're using a track pad,…it's CTRL+Shift and two fingers on the track pad.…If you're using a Magic Mouse, it's…CTRL+Shift and a single finger on the track pad.…Let's say that we're going to create…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.