…One benefit of creating a model in an excel worksheet is…that you can change your input values without editing the underlying formulas.…One tool for controlling values is the slider which let's you modify…a worksheet's cell's value visually instead of typing in a new number.…In this movie, I'll show you how to add a slider to your worksheet.…I will use the sliders sample file, which you can…find in the chapter three folder of your exercise files archive.…This worksheet contains a computer purchasing price model, and if you look…at the formula in cell E4, you will see that it multiplies the…quantity, which is in cell C4 By the cost per unit in cell D4,…and multiplies that, by, one minus the discount, in cell C10.…
That means, if there were 10% discount, then the…quantity times the cost, would be multiplied by 0.9,…which is one minus, the 10% discount.…You might have noticed at the bottom of the worksheet,…that, in cell B19 I have a value which I've labeled…discount scroll bar value, and you'll see where that comes in…
- Explain how to create a scenario in Excel.
- Identify the two input values that should be used to create a two variable data table.
- Recall what the Excel feature Goal Seek is used for.
- Recognize the three things that must be separated from one another to make reading a worksheet with multiple units easier.
- Describe the tools that Excel provides to manipulate data.
- Break down the steps required to recalculate a worksheet's formulas.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining Scenarios and Data Tables
2. Creating Goal Seek and Solver Models
3. Creating a Configurable Model
4. Performing Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.