Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a simple PivotTable presentation kit, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- After you've recorded one or more macros…that recreate desired pivot table positions,…you can add elements to your workbook…that let you run those macros quickly…and in the desired order.…In this movie, I will show you how to record…a set of macros and create a very simple…presentation kit.…My sample workbook is the Presentation Excel file.…And you can find it in the Chapter08 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…The scenario that I'm presenting here…is that I'm preparing for a presentation…and I want to record my pivot table moves…so that I don't have to try to remember them…under the pressure of giving the presentation.…
The first thing I want to do is to record my macros,…and then I will associate them…with Quick Access toolbar buttons.…I will start by creating my first macro.…I have my pivot table in the starting position.…I'll go to the View tab of the ribbon.…Click the Macros button's down arrow,…and click Record Macro.…That displays the Record Macro dialog box.…And for the name, I'll type in the macro name…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.