Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a scenario summary worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- Creating scenarios lets you apply alternative…data sets to your worksheets.…Scenarios are useful but it can be difficult…to remember which values you've added…to which scenarios.…Rather then view individual scenarios…in the Scenario Manager you can create…a scenario summary worksheet that displays…the original and changed values in one place.…I'll show you how to do that in this movie…and I'm using the Scenario Summary Excel workbook.…You can find it in the Chapter 7 folder…of the exercise files archive.…
So like I said I have already applied…a couple of scenarios to this particular workbook.…So I'll click the Data tab on the ribbon…and then in the Data Tools group…click What-If Analysis and click Scenario Manager.…There I see my two scenarios, Reroute1…and Original Values.…If I want to create a scenario summary worksheet…all I need to do is click the Summary button…on the right-side of the Scenario Manager.…The Scenario Summary dialogue box appears…and I have two choices, either Scenario Summary…or Pivot Table Report.…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.