Instructor Josh Rischin demonstrates how to create and save an Excel Online workbook.
- [Instructor] Creating and saving…a new Excel Online workbook.…To open Excel Online make sure you have Office 365 open,…and select the App Launcher icon,…which are these nine squares to the top left of the screen.…Depending on which version of Office 365 you have,…this screen may look a little bit different.…Let's go ahead and open up Excel Online.…Once open what you'll notice…are predefined templates on the right-hand side.…In this case we're going to go ahead…and open up a new blank workbook.…Once open let's include some dummy text.…
In this case, Welcome to Learning Excel Online.…To save the file, simply click on File, Save As,…and then save a copy online.…Depending on which version of Office 365 you have,…you may have the ability to select the folder…that you wish to save the file to.…In this case, I'm going to change the file name…to MyFirstFile, and then click on Save.…Once the file has been saved,…navigate to OneDrive, and then select F5…to refresh the browser.…
What you'll notice is that the file name…has appeared, MyFirstFile,…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys