Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating relationships between tables, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you have multiple Excel tables in a workbook…it's likely they all have fields in common.…For example, a customer might make a reservation,…so you would store the customer ID number…as part of that reservation.…You could then look up the customers name,…and country, and other information using that ID number.…Which saves the customer service representative time…and reduces errors by not requiring them to enter…the customers information with each reservation.…In this movie I will show you how to create relationships…among Excel tables in the same workbook.…
I'll use the define relationships Excel workbook…which you can find in the chapter nine folder…of the exercise files collection.…This workbook contains three Excel tables…and I've grouped them all here onto a single worksheet.…So it's easier to follow.…The tables contain customer information,…reservation information, and room information.…In this case room ID's for the four different…room types that we have available.…If you look at the middle table on reservations…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.