Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a recommended PivotTable, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- In Excel 2013, the Excel product team…implemented a new feature,…and that is a Recommended PivotTable.…If you have an Excel table, or other data list,…in a workbook, that means you can skip the initial step…of configuring your PivotTable,…and Excel will do it for you.…In this movie, I will use the recommended Excel workbook,…which you can find in the chapter one folder…of your exercise files archive,…to create a Recommended PivotTable in Excel 2016.…
This workbook contains a single Excel table,…and you can see it here.…If I want to create a Recommended PivotTable,…I click any cell inside of the Excel table,…and then, on the Insert tab of the ribbon,…click Recommended PivotTables.…Doing so displays the Recommended PivotTables dialog box,…and you can select from any number of pre-created layouts.…So top you have Sum of Revenue by Quarter and Room Type.…
If I wanted to see a preview of the next one,…I could click it.…That's Sum of Revenue by Month and Year.…That looks like it would be pretty useful.…Also, there's Sum of Revenue by Room Type and by Year,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.