Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the personal macro workbook, part of Excel for Mac 2016: Macros.
- [Instructor] In this workbook called Useful Macros,…there are some macros here that were recorded earlier…at a time when maybe I was not aware…of Personal Macro Workbook, or maybe I was designing…the macros just for this workbook.…But now I've changed my mind and I'm saying,…I want these macros to be available all the time,…not only for this workbook, but for all workbooks.…And in the same vein, what if I'm thinking…of another macro that I haven't created yet…that will highlight all formula cells instantly?…I want that to be available all the time.…
When you record a macro, you have the option…of storing the macro, not necessarily in the current…workbook, which sometimes you do want to do,…but at other times, in what's called…Personal Macro Workbook.…A workbook that's always open as you open…and close Excel.…Now, I've decided, and I'll use this particular…worksheet as a staging area because it's particularly…messy, and I would really want to find the formulas…in this worksheet.…Highlight all the cells that do that.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with existing macros
- Creating macros with the recording process
- Viewing and modifying VBA code
- Running a macro from the Developer or View tabs
- Running a macro from a keystroke shortcut
- Running a macro from an object or picture
- Creating and updating the Personal macro workbook
- Recording a formatting macro
- Expanding a macro with an IF statement
- Creating interactive macros
- Stepping through macros