Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating new workbooks and touring the UI, part of Learn Excel 2016: The Basics.
- [Voiceover] It's time now, to…actually launch Microsoft Excel, and get you…comfortable in your surroundings by taking a…quick tour of the User Interface.…If you're in a Windows environment like me, in…Windows 8.1 for example, and you're logged in,…you can see your credentials at the top.…You're ready to launch Excel.…And you can do it from the start screen if you have a tile.…Just find it and click it.…If you don't, like me, you can start to type in "Excel."…And, you can see in the search pane, at the very top…hit here for me is Excel 2016.…
Clicking here is going to launch it.…It's actually going to take us to the desktop environment,…and produce the Start Screen for Excel.…And here's where we can get a head start.…For example, on the left-hand side,…if we've been working with Excel on different files,…we can get back to them quickly from the resent list.…Or, if you don't see what you need on the recent list,…you can click Open Other Workbooks to…navigate your own computer,…network drives and so on.…Or, you can start new workbooks from here as well.…
- What is Excel?
- Creating and saving workbooks
- Adding formulas and functions
- Using AutoFill
- Formatting, text, numbers, dates, and times
- Merging cells
- Inserting charts and pictures
- Sharing and printing workbooks