Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
When you're ready to write VBA code, that can be used anywhere in your workbook,…you can create a code module.…To create a code module, you display the Visual Basic Editor, again by pressing…Alt+F11, and then click Insert > Module.…When you do, a Code window opens and a new category called Modules appears…in the Project panel.…Unlike the worksheet, and this workbook code modules that allow you to create…Code for worksheet or workbook events, a regular code module contains macros…that you can from within the Visual Basic Editor, from the Macro dialog box, by…clicking on Worksheet Shape to which you've linked the macro, or by clicking on…a Quick Access toolbar button.…
As an example, I'll create the classic Hello World Routine.…That's the traditional first example in programming classes.…I'll go into more detail on how to create subroutines in the next movie,…so for now, don't worry too much about the mechanics of the process.…Okay, here is the code.…I will type Sub HelloMessage, and the pair of parentheses to create the…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2016: Power Query (Get & Transform)with Oz du Soleil1h 49m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.