Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom sort order, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Sorting your pivot table…based on the contents of one or more fields,…let's you emphasis the data…that you think is most important.…And most of the time, you will be able to use…standard, numerical, or alphabetical orders.…However, you can also define…custom lists that allow you to sort your data…into the order you want.…In this movie, I will show you…how to create these custom lists.…And my sample file,…is the custom order Excel workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter 3 folder…of your exercise files collection.…
This data shows room revenue…for four different room types.…Cambridge, Piccadilly, Oxford, and Westminister.…However, based on historical data,…and my knowledge of the hotel,…I know that Westminister rooms generate the most revenue,…Oxford next, followed by Piccadilly and Cambridge.…So, what I'd like to do is to define a sort order…that sorts those values in that order.…So, I'll have Westminister on top, then Oxford,…Piccadilly and Cambridge.…
To create a custom list,…I need to click the File tab on the ribbon,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.