When using Text filters, Number filters, and Date filters, most choices under each option group lead you to Custom Filter, where you can fill in specific text or values, as well as using the wildcard characters question mark (to refer to a single character) and asterisk (to refer to zero, one, or many characters).
- [Voiceover] Excel's filtering capability…has a feature called a custom filter,…and you might have been using it indirectly.…As we look at this worksheet called custom filter,…suppose we're focused on column C.…We wanna see all the department entries here…that contain the word service.…Come down to text filters, there's the word contains.…Farther down the list, you'll see custom filter,…but we're not going there, at least directly.…We'll choose contains, contains what?…The word service, but where does this take us?…Into a dialogue box called custom autofilter.…
Notice how the word auto suddenly appears.…The filter option used to be referred to as autofilter,…so they've retained it for the dialogue box,…and yet when we saw its name earlier, it said custom filter.…Nevertheless, we're here, and what do we type in…if we're looking for any department containing service?…Simply service, click okay.…And there we are, these departments…all contain the word service.…Now, we could have done that differently.…Let's clear the filter.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.