Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom filters, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- We're looking at a worksheet called CustomFilter.…Now you won't see that term as your work with Filter…in the Mac version of Excel.…It's a Window term.…But there are certain filtering features…that you need to see.…The ones we're about to show you involve wildcards,…and we're gonna be using Column A for starters here,…a text field.…Let's click within the data,…activate filtering by way of the Data tab in the ribbon,…choose the Filter option, second button from the left.…Imagine we're looking for somebody in this list named Rick.…You see the names as they're aligned,…last name, first name.…
We've got a couple of approaches here.…Let's click the drop arrow here.…One could be under Choose One,…we're looking for Rick now,…Contains Rick.…Type it right here.…You don't necessarily have to capitalize it.…But right away we see answers in the background.…It maybe gave us a few more than were necessary,…although the list is short enough,…it wouldn't bother us.…But recognize that R-I-C-K is found…in every one of those entries over in Column A,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.