Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating charts, part of Excel Essential Training (Office 365/Microsoft 365).
- Creating a chart in Excel, which is nothing…other than a visual representation of numeric data,…is surprisingly easy, and you can quickly embellish it…with a variety of visual effects.…And let's be clear, the term we use is chart.…You might call it a graph, but officially and formally…in Excel we talk about charts.…And we're about to create one…with this set of data right here,…starting in columns D through I.…Before creating a chart,…highlight the data that you want to show.…And it must include some values, otherwise,…you'll have pretty much of an empty chart.…
If you do have totals next to your data, leave them off.…Totals and details don't work so well together.…Always include the row that you typically have…on top of the data that describes each column,…and the column that you typically have…on the left side that describes each row.…And if you're in a hurry, you can use…a great keystroke shortcut combination, Alt + F1.…That's using the function key F1.…Alt + F1 immediately creates…what we call a clustered column chart.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.