Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a calculated field, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Pivot tables let you analyze your data efficiently,…but some questions can only be answered…by performing calculations on the data used…to create your pivot table.…To perform the type of analysis you can create…custom fields that summarizes your pivot table…data using a formula.…Those fields are called calculated fields,…and I will show you how to create them…using the calculated workbook that is a sample…file that you can find in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…
The idea is that I want to use data fields…that I have in the pivot table source to create…a calculated field.…If you take a look over on the right side of the screen…at the pivot table fields task pane,…you can see that I have a revenue field…and a reservations field.…The revenue field is the amount of money…that has been generated by a particular room type…during a given month, and reservations is the number…of reservations that led to that revenue.…
So what I might do is divide revenue by reservations…to find out my average revenue per reservation.…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.