- [Instructor] One of Excel's most powerful analytical tools…is what we call a pivot table.…It's a great tool for creating quick summary totals…based on a list of data.…And on this worksheet here called pivot table data…in the workbook 10, data management features,…we've got a list of about 900 rows.…It's not sorted, as it often might be, doesn't need to be…to create a pivot table.…A list like this should have no empty rows…or columns within it.…What we'd like to be able to do…is to come up with some good,…quick summary information here.…So off to the right, I've done this manually ahead of time…with kind of a list you could imagine wanting to get.…
It's a list of all the salespersons here.…They can sell products to any regions,…so we see how that's broken out by region.…And how do we get to something like this?…Here's a formula here in cell J4, I'll double click it.…Not the most difficult of formulas,…but on the other hand,…it's gonna take you some time to come up…with answers like this and verify them,…and we wouldn't have a lot of flexibility here…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.