Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PivotTable, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Pivot tables are a powerful and flexible…Excel analysis tools.…A pivot table lets you rearrange, sort and filter…a data set on the fly so you can…analyze it from several different perspectives…with a minimum of effort.…In this movie, I will show you how to create a pivot table…using data stored in an Excel table in a workbook.…My sample file is the Create Pivot Excel workbook,…and you can find that in the Chapter One folder…of your exercise files collection.…My data source is an Excel table,…which I show you how to create elsewhere in this course,…and if I scroll down you can see…that it contains data through the end of 2015…and that there are no blank rows in the data source.…
That's very important.…To create my pivot table, I click any cell…within the data set that I want to use as my base,…and then on the Insert tab, in the Tables group…at the far left, click Pivot Table.…Doing so displays the Create Pivot Table dialogue box.…First you need to select the table or range…you want to use as your data source,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.