Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PivotTable using the data model, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- [Voiceover] When you create relationships…between pairs of Excel tables,…Excel adds them to the workbooks data model…you can then use the data model…rather than an individual table…as the basis for your pivot table.…In this movie, I will show you how to do that…using the create pivot table dialogue box.…As my sample file, I will use the…create related excel workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter 9 folder…of the exercise files collection.…This Excel workbook contains three Excel tables…the first is Customers, and it has a unique ID or key…in the customer ID field, so I can use that number…to uniquely identify any row on the table.…
Second is the rooms table, and again that has…a unique ID called Room ID…and finally there is the reservations table in the middle…it also has a key field, the reservation ID…but it also contains customer ID…which it has in common with the customers table…and the room ID field, which it has in common…with the rooms table.…If we take a look at the relationships I defined,…by going to the data tab,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.