Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PivotTable style, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- The built-in PivotTable Style Gallery…contains a lot of good color schemes,…but they are, by design, somewhat generic.…When you want to create your own PivotTable style,…to reflect your personal aesthetic…or your company's graphic art guidelines,…you can do so using…the New PivotTable Style dialog box.…I will demonstrate the process…for creating a new PivotTable style.…As my sample file,…I'll work in the CreateStyle Excel workbook.…You can find that in the Chapter 4 folder…of your exercise files collection.…
To create a new PivotTable style,…click any cell within the body of the PivotTable,…and then on the Design contextual tab…of the ribbon,…click the PivotTable Styles Gallery More button,…which is at the bottom-right corner.…Then scroll down to the bottom of the gallery,…and click New PivotTable Style.…That displays the New PivotTable Style dialog box,…and here you can define the formatting for…different PivotTable elements.…
The first thing you should do…is to give your style a name,…and I'll call it…Graphic Standard 2016.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.