Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a PivotChart, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Pivot tables help you summarize…large data sets efficiently.…But it can be difficult to interpret data…when all you have to go on are the raw numbers.…Charts summarize data visually…making them easier to distinguish groupings…and trends in your data.…And just as you can create charts…based on regular worksheet data sets.…You can create dynamic charts called pivot charts…from the data contained in pivot tables.…I will show you how to create pivot charts in this movie…and my sample file is the CreatePTChart Excel workbook,…which you can find in the chapter six folder…of your exercise files collection.…
At present, this workbook only contains…a single Excel table.…And I'm going to use that as the basis…for my pivot table and my pivot chart.…So I'll click any cell in the Excel table…and then I'll click the insert tab of the ribbon.…Then I can go to the charts group…and click the PivotChart button.…Doing so displays the Create PivotChart dialog box…and I can make sure that my data range…is identified correctly,…it's Table1.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.