Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing data using Excel tables
- Managing PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Summarizing table and PivotTable data
- Defining conditional formats
- Creating sparklines
- Sketching your dashboard layout
- Creating and managing cell links
- Linking cell contents to a shape
- Linking to a PivotTable cell
- Extending your dashboard using hidden rows
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to creating a basic dashboard in Excel 2016. In this course I'll introduce you to the fundamentals of summarizing your data in Excel 2016 using a dashboard worksheet. I'll start by demonstrating Excel tables, the most efficient way to store data in Excel. And then introduce pivot tables, several types of conditional formats, and how to summarize your data using charts. Next I'll show you how to design your dashboard, link worksheet data to cells and shapes, and how to make the most of your screen space by hiding rows and changing the Excel program window to meet your needs.
I'm sure you'll find it that your time with creating a basic dashboard in Excel 2016 will be time well spent.