Use Excel PivotTables to quickly show Period-over-Period performance summaries with $ and % variances between periods.
- [Instructor] Period Over Period Performance Summaries…are something most sales organizations…want to see, whether it's to gauge…performance to budget or where you stand…in terms of year-to-date income versus last year,…or even how you're doing in terms…of your own personal income versus last year…or your current year goals.…In this lesson, we're going to show you…how to create a year over year summary…and then add a month over month summary as well.…We're using the 05-03 POP Summaries Workbook…from the Chapter 5 practice files.…Starting with our sales leaderboard,…I'm going to drag years into the column field.…Let me scroll down in the field list,…find years, and columns.…
Now you may be wondering, in my source data…all I have is order date.…I don't have years.…Excel's taken a step for you and analyzed…the fact that you have a valid…date field in your data and it realized…that there's a year pattern to it…so it creates a years field for you.…It's nice that way.…Now we've added our years in, we need…to add in our year over year variances.…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.