Learn to create and edit Name Ranges in your workbook and explore how to use the Name Ranges to navigate through a workbook. Jen McBee demonstrates several methods for creating Name Ranges, and how to quickly navigate through a workbook using Name Ranges.
- [Teacher] Naming cells in ranges of data in Excel 2010…creates a type of shorthand that makes it easier…to understand what data is actually in that cell.…Knowing how to create a named range…will be a skill that you may be asked to demonstrate…on the Excel 2010 MOS exam,…so we're going to look at two ways to create named ranges.…First, we'll look at using the name box.…We'll then look at how to create a named range…from a selection.…I have the 06_05 exercise file open,…so let's tackle this topic.…
First, we're going to use the name box.…And what I'll do is select…cells A4 all the way over to E5.…I'll then click in the name box,…which is right above the A column.…And once I clicked in the name box…and that text is highlighted,…I can go ahead and just type right over it.…I'm going to call this, Team Jones Sales.…Now, we can't have any spaces between our words…when we name a range,…so we're going to use a shift underscore.…
You can also just not put anything in between the words,…but sometimes it's hard to read.…So we'll say Team shift underscore Jones…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.