Creating macros in Excel can help to automate repetitive tasks. In Excel 2003, you could record macros and play them back from the Tools menu. In this movie, you will know how to records a marcro from the View tab on the ribbon, show existing macros, and save your workbook to a macro enabled workbook in order to save your macros with your workbook.
- [Voiceover] If you're one of those people…who likes to use macros in your Excel workbooks…to help speed up repetitive processes,…the way you create, record and use macros here in Excel 2016…is a little bit different than it was in Excel 2003.…So we're gonna spend a little bit of time as we continue…working with our budget projections spreadsheet here.…Forecast0305 if you're skipping to this movie…and need to get caught up.…Let's say we want to create a macro that allows us…to format our titles quickly and easily by running a macro.…
Maybe even using a keyboard shortcut.…Well to create the macro we would go to the actual content,…I'm going to cell D1, that's where my content begins.…I can see it up here in the formula bar.…And now I want to record everything I do…before I start the formatting process,…so instead of a tools menu like we used in Excel 2003,…we actually go to the view tab, give that a click…and over here on the far right-hand side…is where you find macros.…Give it a click.…
Notice we can view existing macros, record a macro…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.