Create a sales leaderboard in Excel using a PivotTable, and learn how to set a percentage of grand total (% of total).
- [Narrator] Now that you know a little bit…about pivot tables, let's make one from scratch,…and in doing so, we'll make…a sales leaderboard really quickly.…So I'm in 04_04 Create a Leaderboard file…that's in the chapter four folder.…And I'm going to click anywhere within this data.…And then I'll go to insert pivot table.…And I'm going to just keep all the defaults here,…and then I'll click OK.…And there we have a blank pivot table.…It's not much to look at right now,…but it will be better in a second.…Now what we're going to do is create that leaderboard.…
So at first, I'm always going to drag my value field first,…so I'm going to take sales…and put it in the values field area.…And then I'm going to go up here…and put the sales rep in there as well…to break down that total by sales rep.…And there you go.…You've got a leaderboard, and it only took about 30 seconds.…Now, let's do something a little different…and add another value field here.…We're going to do that, so that we can see…the percentage of total sales that each rep has.…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.