Learn how to create a PivotTable. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to create and format a PivotTable. She also demonstratse how to use slicers to filter the data.
- [Instructor] Okay let's talk about how to create,…format, and filter our PivotTables.…In this video we'll create a PivotTable from our sales data…and then I'll show you how you can format…the values as a currency format.…I'll also show you how cool it is…to work with slicers to filter the information.…I have the 05_03 PivotTable Exercise File open…so let's tackle this topic.…Here's the information for our 2016 sales.…
We have over 200 records in here…so a PivotTable is really going to help us…filter the information.…I'll click anywhere in the data…and go to my Insert tab, click on PivotTable.…Couple of choices we have.…We can insert it on a new worksheet,…or on an existing worksheet.…I'm going to leave it on a new worksheet and click OK.…We'll go ahead and build our PivotTable…on the left-hand side of the screen…using the fields that we see on the right-hand side.…Let's go ahead and start with the country…as a row heading, and then underneath that…the company name, so we can see which…companies are in each country.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.