Creating charts in Excel allows for a visual representation of data that can be easier to analyze than rows and columns of numbers. In this movie, you will know how to use the new Recommended Charts function from the Quick Analysis tool as well as from the ribbon to quickly choose a relevant chart to create a visual representation of your selected data.
- [Voiceover] If you're into creating charts…in Excel you'll be pleased to know…there's a new feature here in Excel 2016…you didn't have in Excel 2010 to…help you create the right chart…quickly and easily.…We're going to explore it now as…we continue with our London Hotel worksheet here.…You can open up LH_sheet0303 if you've skipped…to this movie and you need to get caught up.…We're gonna scroll up to the top.…And all the way to the left…on this tab, the Scenario Tab.…And let's say we wanted to create a chart…for the Cost of Goods Sold.…
The Rooms, Events, Miscellaneous,…just for January.…Well, we could click and drag across from…cell A10…to B…all the way down to 12.…So, A10 to B12.…When you release, again, you're gonna see…the Quick Analysis Icon show up,…and you can click that or use Control + Q.…This time, let's go to Charts.…What you're going to see are the charts…that are recommended for the data selected.…Clustered is an option.…Hover over it.…You're going to see Rooms, Events and Miscellaneous.…
Using a bar chart.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.