Learn to quickly create a chart. Author Jen McBee demonstrates a great keyboard shortcut to create a basic column chart. Learn how to move and resize a chart, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Instructor] Creating charts.…In my training sessions, when I say…"hey, let's create a chart!"…I usually hear some moans and groans from the attendees…but very quickly, after I show them…how easy it is to create a chart in 2010,…I see smiles on their face and I hear whispers of…"I'm gonna knock the socks off my boss."…I want you to feel the same way about charts.…In this video, we're gonna learn how to create simple charts…and I'm gonna show you a great shortcut,…it's the F11 key and it's gonna become…your favorite key on that keyboard.…
I want you to feel really comfortable with charts…because you are probably going to be asked to create…and update a chart on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.…I have the 0707 exercise file open…so if you're ready, let's create some charts.…We're going to focus on the 2017 forecast,…and what I'm going to do is create a chart…from the items column and the total 2016 sales column.…
To begin with, I'm going to select…the column headings and all of the data.…Now I'm gonna show you the more…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.