Charts in Excel offer a way to visualize data by exposing relationships and trends. In Excel 2016, you have many more chart options and a way to get help picking the right type of chart for your data. In this movie, you will know how to use Recommended Charts to create a chart from selected data, and then change the foramtting of that chart.
- [Voiceover] Charts offer an excellent way…to pick up on trends and view data…in a visual representation.…And here in Excel 2016,…the options you have are far greater…than they ever were in Excel 2003,…including some help in choosing the right chart.…That's what we're going to explore with this file.…Forecast 0306.…If you're skipping to the smoothie…and need to get caught up.…Let's say we wanted to create a chart…for some of this data.…Maybe the first four expenses…and only for January.…
Well in that case we would select the data…by clicking in A5 and dragging across to column B…and down to row eight.…Now when you release,…remember there's the quick analysis tool…that appears in the bottom right-hand corner.…Keep that in mind for a second…but for now we'll go up to the insert tab.…And in the chart section,…you'll notice a number of cool charts to choose from.…More than you ever had available in Excel 2003.…But there's also this handy little tool.…It's called recommended charts.…It's only going to show you a list of charts…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.