Learn about the basic summary functions availlable in Excel. Author Jen McBee covers the MAX, MIN, AVERAGE, and SUM functions, focusing on the functions you may encounter on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Narrator] Excel 2010 has several summary functions…built in that will help us summarize our data.…Those functions are sum, average,…count, max, and min.…There's also a great tool that we can use…to quickly perform a basic sum summary function…and that is the AutoSum tool.…In this video, I'll be reviewing…all five of the summary functions…as well as teaching you how to use the AutoSum function.…On the Excel 2010 MOS exam,…there's a really good chance that you're…gonna be asked to show your knowledge…of one or more of these functions.…
I have the 06-01 exercise file open,…so let's tackle this topic.…We're gonna begin by working…on the Team Sales 2015 worksheet.…I'm gonna click on B9,…then what I'm going to do is…use the sum summary function to total the sales…for each of the quarters.…I'll go to my home tab.…Over on the right-hand side in the editing group,…I'll click on AutoSum.…If I use the drop down menu,…you'll see how I can access the sum,…average, and the additional summary functions…that we were talking about.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.