Learn how to apply and modify cell styles. Author Jen McBee reviews the various cell styles available, and demonstrates how to modify a cell style.
- [Narrator] You spend a lot of time…preparing your workbooks,…making sure that your data is correct,…and that all of your formulas are performing perfectly.…Most Excel users know how to apply formatting…using basic text and number formats.…In Excel 2010, with the use of the Cell Styles group,…we can quickly apply formatting…that will make our worksheets…look like we spent hours on them.…In this video, we'll explore applying styles effectively,…modifying a style, so if you want to change the font,…the size or the color, I'm gonna show you how to do that.…
And last but not least,…how you can create a brand new style.…Now these three skills are skills that you may be asked…to demonstrate your knowledge of on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.…I have the 04_06 exercise file open,…so let's tackle this topic.…Let's take a look at the 2015 Sales Data worksheet.…I'm going to just quickly apply the title style…to the text in cell A1, and you can see that…that's a merge range.…And then I'll do the Heading 1 style for Sales by Customer,…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.