Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying and sorting filtered lists, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- It's not uncommon if you're working with a large list…and using filtering you might want…to sort the filtered list.…You might also want to copy it somewhere else.…The concern partially is what happens to the hidden data…and also what happens when you do…sorting on a filtered list?…Let's first of all end this list here…on a worksheet called copyfilterlist, let's apply a filter.…From the data tab second button from the left filter,…that applies the filter arrow.…Let's narrow our list by choosing…only people from three departments.…Here's the drop arrow for department.…
I'm only gonna be selecting our three training groups.…So I'll first uncheck the box for select all…and then click the box for Admin training.…We see them in the background.…And now the box for Executive education.…Those are popping into the list.…And then farther down we will see…Professional training group.…There we are and as we're looking at this list…it might be easier to read if we group…the results by department.…Now when you sort a filtered list,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.