Any time you need to copy the results of a filter to a different location or print the filter results, you don't need to worry about copying or printing the hidden data - the data in those hidden rows that the filter is not displaying. Selecting filtered results automatically selects visible data only.
- [Voiceover] When you filter lists, you're hiding rows,…you're seeing less data.…Many times you want to print what you see…or copy what you see.…Fortunately the feature is set up in such a way…that you need not worry about copying or printing…that hidden data.…In this worksheet called CopyFilteredLists,…let's apply a filter.…Click on any cell, go to the Data tab, choose Filter.…Maybe I want to see just the Full Time people.…I'll click the arrow for column F, unselect All,…choose Full Time.…Now I've got 393 records showing.…
Let's narrow this by showing only those…with a Job Rating of 5.…We're down to 102 records, and let's say we're only…interested in seeing the people who have been here…over 10 years.…Year, Number Filters, Greater Than Or Equal To…10 years or more to be more precise, 10.…We've got 78 records there, and we could narrow it…even further it we wanted to.…We don't necessarily need to do that.…Looking at other columns here, possibly we might narrow it…by people who work in a certain Building.…Let's narrow it even further.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.