Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying and moving worksheets within a workbook, part of Excel 2016: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks.
- In this workbook called sample there are many many sheets.…If we click in the lower left hand corner using…the right mouse button, we see that…there are lots of sheet names here.…Now imagine if you decide to change the order of these…sheets, if you simply want to move a sheet,…you just click and drag the sheet.…For example, I want the city sales sheet to be…to the right of the budget 2018 sheet.…Click and drag city sales, move it to the right,…let of go of the mouse, it could hardly be simpler.…Now, I want to move some other sheets back and forth…but I do want to see more sheet names.…
So where you see these three vertical dots…just to the right here, click and drag this to the right.…This exposes more sheet names,…the scroll bar shrinks but it's still workable.…There could be times when you want to move multiple sheets,…so I've decided that the profits, the auto sum…and the chart data sheet all need to be moved…to the right of the formulas sheet.…So how do we select multiple sheets?…There are a couple of ways.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with different worksheets together
- Copying and moving worksheets within a workbook
- Linking formulas across multiple workbooks
- Changing tab colors and renaming sheets
- Copying, moving, and inserting data on different sheets
- Working with multiple workbooks
- Navigating workbooks
- Getting data from other sheets with 3D formulas