Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying and moving data and entire worksheets across different workbooks, part of Excel 2016: Managing Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks.
- [Instructor] In this movie we need…to have three files open, one is called StateSalesData,…another one, as I press Control + Shift + Tab…is called Ohio, and as I press Control + Shift + Tab,…the other one is Michigan, and there…are three major tasks we want to bring out in this movie.…One is the need that we sometimes have…to copy information from one open workbook to another.…At other times, and particularly if we were looking…at this file called StateSalesData,…the thought, "that maybe it would be better…"if we were to break each of these sheets…"into its own file," in other words break down…the different sheet tabs.…
Let's create new files off of these,…that's the second major task, and the third one is,…and here the focus would be on the Ohio…and Michigan workbooks, how we sometimes want…to combine different workbooks together.…Let's first talk about the idea of…how we might copy information from one workbook to another.…I'm going to go to the View tab,…and you might have seen in earlier movies…how we can, by using Arrange All,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Working with different worksheets together
- Copying and moving worksheets within a workbook
- Linking formulas across multiple workbooks
- Changing tab colors and renaming sheets
- Copying, moving, and inserting data on different sheets
- Working with multiple workbooks
- Navigating workbooks
- Getting data from other sheets with 3D formulas