- [Instructor] Many times in Excel,…when you see a formula you also want…a similar formula in adjacent cells,…either across a row or down a column.…And we're looking at a worksheet here called Copy Formulas.…It's in the workbook 03 Creating Formulas and Functions.…Here's a form in cell B four.…I click on it.…You can see it in the formula bar…or I can double click it here, and you can see it larger.…We want that same kind of a formula here.…We certainly don't want the exact formula…because we'd get the answer 20.…When you copy a formula in Excel,…the important concept is,…you're copying a formula relatively.…
Now, I'm going to double click this again,…so we can see it larger.…This formula refers to content in column B.…If we drag it one column into the right,…the column references will get adjusted to be column C,…and then going to the right, D,E,F,G.…When you copy formulas, they get adjusted relatively,…otherwise, you'd simply be repeating…the exact same formula.…And of course the payoff is here,…we don't want to type a formula here, then here, then here.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.