Copy and paste Word data into Excel using the Paste Special shortcut CTRL ALT V, then clean up the data with Go To > Special > Blanks.
- [Instructor] I have the Northwind Traders…sales report open here in Word, and let's say I want to…work with this data in Excel.…How do I do that?…Can I query it and import it?…Unfortunately no, but we can use the good old…method of copy and paste.…Now, you've probably copy and pasted a thousand times,…but we're gonna show you a couple of tips…that will make that easier for you.…So I'm gonna click inside this table here…and then I'm gonna click the cross,…and then I'm gonna right-click and choose Copy.…Then I'll Alt + Tab over here to Excel,…and I'll just do Control + V for paste.…
That looks pretty good, but honestly when it comes…to getting data in Excel, unless it's really important,…we don't really need all of this…fancy formatting, these colors.…They're nice, but later we might want to format…these cells using Excel, and I prefer using…Excel's formatting, and not a mix of Excel and Word,…so I'm gonna undo this paste,…and I'm gonna just press Control + Z,…and instead of regular paste, I'm gonna do Paste Special,…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.