- When you work with dates and times…sometimes you run into conversion issues.…The date entries in column A, from cells A1 to A6,…are a little bit unusual, one by one.…They're not all the same,…or they're not unusual in the same way.…Now if we want to format these once approach could be…from the Home tab in the ribbon,…go to the Number group, click the drop arrow…next to what is usually the word General,…although you could see other words there.…Choose Date, and nothing really happens here.…
So what might we do?…One approach is to use a function called =DATEVALUE.…Now DATEVALUE attempts to…look at information that could be a date,…and then convert it into a date.…Now, this actually did work.…If you've worked with date functions before,…or date math in Excel,…you sort of recognize numbers around the 40,000 time frame.…This is the correct answer, it's a date value.…Let's go to the Home tab again,…and in that same Number group…click the drop arrow, choose Date.…
That's the way it would look.…Let's see what DATEVALUE does…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.