Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling how multiple rules are applied, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Excel 2016 lets you apply…many different conditional formats to your pivot tables.…And it also gives you the tools…to control those conditional formats.…In this movie, I will show you…how to manage multiple formats,…including changing the order in which they are applied,…and also how to stop…if a particular rule is applied to your PivotTable.…My sample file is the Multiple Excel Workbook…and you can find that in the Chapter05 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…
This PivotTable has two rules applied to it.…The first applies a peach fill color…to all cells that contain an above average value.…The second applies bold-italic font formatting…to any cell that contains one of the top three values.…Let's take a look at the rules as I've created them…and how they're being applied.…So I'll click a cell in the body of the PivotTable…and then on the Home tab,…click the Conditional Formatting button…and point to Manage Rules.…
In the Rules Manager, I can see that I have my two rules.…The first is the Top 3 of All Values,…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.