Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Consolidating data from multiple sources, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Most of the pivot tables you create will be based…on an Excel table, or a data list.…In this movie, I will show you…an alternative method of creating a pivot table,…and that is by consolidating identical ranges of data.…As my sample file, I will use the Consolidating workbook.…And you can find that in the Chapter 1 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…This technique requires you to use the pivot table wizard,…and that hasn't been available through the ribbon…for a couple of versions, but you can still initiate it…by using your keyboard.…
Let's take a quick look at this workbook.…It has three worksheets,…and you can see on MobileBookings,…I have Room and Year…in a single cell along the top.…As the column headers, I have years.…Along the left, I have room types.…And then, in the body I have the number of bookings…that were generated through individuals' mobile phones.…The reason that Room-Year is combined into a single cell…is that for consolidation, the cell range that you select…must be a perfect rectangle.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.