Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring a PivotTable, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you create a pivot table in Excel 2016,…Excel shows the number of pivot table elements by default.…You can show, hide, or in some cases move those elements…to change the pivot table configuration to your liking.…I will show you how to configure your pivot table…and for that, I will use the Configure Excel workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter01 folder…of your Exercise Files collection.…I have a pivot table,…and when I click outside of the body of the pivot table…to a cell that doesn't contain data,…then you see the ribbon in its normal state.…
I'll click the Design contextual tab.…And you can see the tools that are available.…You can add Subtotals and Grand Totals,…change layouts and add or remove blank rows.…And you can also change the pivot table's style's elements.…On the Analyze contextual tab,…you can perform a lot of analytical tasks…that I'll discuss elsewhere in this course.…And you can see over on the right side of the Analyze tab…in the Show group, that you have the Field List,…plus and minus Buttons,…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.