In this video,, the instructor demonstrates how to use conditional formatting options like color scales and icon sets to visualize patterns in your data and draw attention to meaningful trends.
- [Instructor] One of the coolest and most useful ways…to customize your PivotTable formatting…is using conditional formats.…So conditional formatting rules can be applied…to PivotTables just like they can be applied…to normal data ranges,…and you can access these formatting rules…right in the Home menu of your screen.…And for those of you who aren't familiar…with what conditional formatting is,…it's essentially a formatting rule that you can apply…that's based on the underlying value of the cell.…So for instance, you can use text or value-based formats.…
And maybe you want to highlight values…that are greater than a certain number,…or highlight text fields that contain certain text strings.…That's one option.…You can also use data bars, which is a really great way…to visualize relative values,…like the blue bars shown here.…You can use color scales, which is an awesome way…to make very easy heat maps.…Icon sets, which are like up and down arrows…and check marks and things like that.…And then, if you want to get really advanced,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.