Set Excel conditional formatting on sales data, from data bars, color by value, icons.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you're given a boatload…of sales data, like this file here,…which is the 04_01 - Conditional formatting file,…and you think, jeez this is kind of overwhelming.…Sure I could spend hours analyzing this data…and studying it, but I'm in sales.…I need to be meeting with customers and selling stuff.…I don't have time to really study,…so let me show you some ways to find quick insights…from this data.…Let's say in this Sales column,…I want to find out just real quickly…what the highest sales are and which are the lowest ones.…
I can press Control + Shift + Down Arrow,…and that will select all of those sales amounts,…and then this handy shortcut, Control + Q,…and that brings up the Quick Analysis options.…I'll hover over the Data Bars option first,…and there you see a quick preview…of what will happen to that column.…You get these data bars that are small…and they grow to larger lengths…depending on the value inside the cell.…Or you can hover over this Color option,…and here I can see that the highest values…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.