Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Concepts and results, part of Excel Data-Mining Fundamentals.
- Concepts.…Data analytic thinking.…Today businesses are increasingly driven by data analytics…so there is a tremendous advantage…in being able to interact confidently…with and within such businesses.…You need to understand some fundamental concepts…and have a framework for organizing data analytic thinking.…Not only will this allow you to interact confidently…but it will allow you to envision opportunities…for improving data driven decision making…or perhaps to see data-oriented competitive threats.…
Traditional industries are exploring new…and existing data sources to utilize…in competitive advantages…and new firms are constantly emerging…that are developing data mining…as a key strategic component.…Business problems and data science.…Every business decision that is impacted…by data analytics is a unique decision…and has its own combination of goals and desires,…parameters and even the personalities…involved in the decision.…However, there are a common set of task…that underlie data driven business problems.…
When you are working with business stakeholders,…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.