Get an overview of Microsoft certification: the benefits of becoming certified and the three levels of certification.
- [Instructor] Let's review the three different levels of MOS certifications that you can obtain. First the Microsoft Office specialist certification. A Microsoft Office specialist or MOS is an individual who has demonstrated expertise by passing a certification exam in one or more Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote or SharePoint. Moving onto the second level is our Microsoft Office specialist expert who is an individual that has taken their knowledge of Office to the next level, demonstrating their mastering of more advanced features based on Word or Excel.
The Microsoft Office specialist expert exams for Word and Excel consist of one exam for each program, each having 20 to 25 questions. To obtain the expert level you only have to pass either the Word expert exam or the Excel expert exam. Our final level that we'll discuss is the Microsoft Office specialist master. A Microsoft Office specialist master is an individual who has demonstrated their expertise in Word and Excel by passing the expert exams for both. The MOS master must also pass the PowerPoint exam and the Access exam.
This course is all about preparing you for the Excel 2010 Microsoft Office specialist exam. Once you've watched all the videos and have completed the challenge exercises at the end of each chapter, you'll be able to move on to the practice exam at the end of the series. When you've mastered the practice exam in the allotted 40 minute time frame you should feel comfortable in doing your final preparations for the full Excel 2010 MOS exam.
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.