There are a lot of marketing metrics out there. Learn how to calculate the most popular ones, like CPM, CPC, CPA and LTV, using simple Excel formulas.
- [Instructor] CPA, CPC, ROI.…You'll hear about these metrics a lot,…but maybe you don't know how to calculate them in Excel.…Let's walk through how to do that.…Here's an example of some data from Google AdWords.…This is from a real campaign.…And what we're going to do it's going to take this data…and we're going to calculate the major marketing metrics…over here on the right.…We've done the first few for you.…You can see we use the sum formula to work out costs,…impressions, clicks, conversions,…but let's do revenue together so you know how to do this.…
I'm just going to hit =SUM,…parentheses,…then we're going to select the revenue column here.…And then close the brackets.…Enter.…There we go.…That's how you do them.…Now if we look below we've got a list…of the most marketing metrics…as well as how to calculate them.…Let's do some of these together.…Let's start with CPM or cost per mille.…This is the cost per thousand impressions…from your advertising campaigns on Facebook,…Google, or wherever you're advertising.…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Excel Basics for Marketers
2. Build a Data-Driven Marketing Plan
3. Analyze Your Campaign Performance
4. Build Marketing Campaigns in Bulk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.