In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to create a new PivotChart in the form of a clustered bar chart, which is commonly used to compare data across multiple categories as horizontal bars.
- [Instructor] So we practiced building…basic column and pie or donut charts…to show titles by genre or rating.…Now let's try showing both dimensions together.…So let's plan to add a third chart to the sheet…by selecting our second PivotTable.…Going into our tools, selecting the entire table,…ctrl+C to copy it, and then ctrl+V to paste…a third independent PivotTable,…and this one we can go ahead and name…titles by genre and rating.…
Just to make it super clear what we're…trying to show here.…Now again, exactly what I'm trying to show…is the breakout of titles by both genre…and rating in the same chart.…So in this case, using a cluster column…or a cluster bar chart, will be a really…great option for us.…So let's go ahead and drag genre out…of the filters view, and into our column labels,…while keeping rating as our row labels.…Now when we do that, I scroll up,…you'll see that it totally squished…our existing charts.…
And that's happening because Excel…is autofitting these column widths…in our PivotTable view.…Now I'm going to show you two really useful tips…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.